Building the Digital Enterprise for Next-Generation Sustainment
Technical data are descriptive data, models, standards, process descriptions, quality test plans, and other information that represent the physical reality of an object in digital space.
Technical Data-Enabled Capability
Available, accessible, secure, and model-based technical data facilitate the enterprise-wide adoption of emerging technologies.
What is tDNATM ?
LMI’s tDNATM vision is for required technical data to be available, accessible, secure, and model based throughout the digital enterprise:
- Available. Program management offices (PMOs) procure model-based data along with equipment and systems as well as appropriate IP rights for its use throughout the lifecycle. Data are available within the PMO’s IT systems, shareable across the enterprise.
- Accessible. No longer stovepiped within acquisition programs or by organizational boundaries, model-based data reside on IT systems that enable enterprise-wide users and stakeholders to access it in real time.
- Secure. Data security best practices are implemented while building the infrastructure required to protect growing repositories of valuable technical data from bad actors.
- Model based. The enterprise manages comprehensive model-based data on a digital thread and, when appropriate, converts legacy technical data into modern 3D formats.
tDNATM in Every Phase
LMI enables PMOs to realize the benefits of modern sustainment tools, reducing total cost of ownership and improving lifetime readiness. Our internally developed approach prioritizes interoperability and modularity while avoiding obsolescence issues.
- Technical data maturity assessment
- IP assessment and tradespace strategy (continuous through lifecycle)
- Lifecycle value of technical data policies
Systems Acquisition and Development
- Technical data delivery verification
- Trusted third party for technical data maintenance
- Product lifecycle data management software selection
- Digital thread activation (machine-to-machine exchange and use)
Operations and Lifecycle Sustainment
- Technical data adequacy assessment for sustainment and new technologies
- Technical data modernization strategy
- 2D-to-3D conversion
- Technical data for additive manufacturing, augmented reality, CBM, and digital thread