Collection of Your Personal Information
To better match our products and services to your needs, LMI may collect personally identifiable information, such as the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Job title.
We do not collect any of your personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, certain products or services require personal information for their use and for LMI to provide them to you. Examples include the following actions.
- Requesting that LMI add you to our newsletter mailing list or enrolling in other company communications
- Requesting that LMI contact you
- Sending us an email message
- Registering for an event
- Completing a form to download a file
We use your information for, but do not limit its use to, communicating with you in relation to services and products you have requested from us. LMI may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
LMI does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. LMI shares data with trusted partners for statistical analysis, to send you email or postal mail, for customer support, or to arrange for deliveries. We prohibit all our trusted partners from using your personal information except to provide these services to LMI. These trusted partners are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
LMI may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for us to do any of the following:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on LMI or the LMI Website.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of LMI.
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the LMI Website or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
LMI tracks the websites and pages our users visit on the LMI Website in order to determine what LMI services are the most popular. We use this data to deliver customized content and advertising to customers whose behavior indicates interest in those subjects.
Automatically Collected Information
LMI automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. We use this information to operate the service, maintain the quality of the service, and generate general statistics regarding use of the LMI Website.
Cookies save you time by storing information, so you do not have to enter it multiple times. For example, if you personalize LMI pages or register with LMI pages or services, a cookie helps the LMI web server recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same LMI page, the web server retrieves the personal information you previously provided (such as addresses), enabling easy access to the LMI features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of LMI’s services or web pages.
The LMI Website contains links to other sites whose content and privacy practices are not the responsibility of LMI. When you leave the LMI Website, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of any other site to understand how it collects personally identifiable information.
Security of Your Personal Information
To secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, LMI uses the following methods:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol.
When transmitting personal information to other websites, encryption methods, such as the SSL protocol, protect this data. Our security measures protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network is 100% guaranteed secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, when providing this information, you acknowledge the following:
- Security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet are beyond LMI’s control.
- The security, integrity, and privacy of all information and data exchanged between you and LMI through the LMI Website cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out in the following paragraph, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will do the following:
- Delete your personal information from our records.
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
We may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if we need the information to do the following:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated in the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and LMI.
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise free speech, or exercise another lawful right.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest adhering to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information likely renders impossible or seriously impairs research, if we obtained your informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, lawfully, and compatibly within the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
LMI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use the LMI Website.
If you provide us with your email address, you agree that LMI may contact you with announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, or other general communication.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to This Policy
- Agreement to abide and be bound by that policy.
LMI Consulting, LLC
7940 Jones Branch Dr.
Tysons, VA 22102
Effective as of November 27, 2023.